I joined the blog hop Do You Have Goals. I just learned about it, and it seems a great idea to keep score and report once a month. Misha Gericke and Beth Fred are managing this monthly blog hop, and I’d like to say: wonderful undertaking, ladies. So what happened with my writing in May?
May seemed to be a short story month for me.
- Wrote and finished – 2 new short stories. One is still unfinished.
- Submitted – 2 stories
- Rejected – 1 story
- Accepted – 3 short stories and 1 flash fiction story
No progress here. My regency romance novella on Wattpad, Fibs in the Family, keeps collecting readers (2.2K by now) and Likes, but I can’t seem to resume working on the second novella of the series.
Only goals here. Both my fantasy novels are still under the copyright with the publisher, with practically no sales. Both contracts should expire next year, and I would like to reedit the novels, make new covers, and self-publish. Haven’t started anything yet.
Some of my online friends may already know that I write for a local newspaper. In May, I have written 3 articles. One of them was published, and the other 2 are already with the editor. They will be published next month.
Created a badge for the WEP blog hop Gardens, which will happen in August. Denise Covey and Yolanda Renee, my friends who run the WEP website, asked me to, and it was a fascinating project.
Goals for June
- Finish one short story still unfinished. It’s about half-done, but no ending yet. Still mulling it over. No ideas for new short stories, and I’m glad. I want to return to the longer form.
- Find magazines to submit 3 short stories that are out of circulation at the moment. Keep submitting new and old stories.
- Resume working of the second regency novella. My ultimate goal here is not clear: either to post it on Wattpad, like the first one, or publish on Amazon.
- Advertise (somehow) my offer to create free book covers for ebooks. I want to do it, I really do, and I think I can create nice covers, but not many people are aware of that.
- I have a page on facebook but it is inactive at the moment. I want to activate it, start looking at friends, groups, etc.
- My ongoing goal – look for a critic group in fantasy genre. Don’t know how yet.