Didn’t do so well in June as I did in May, but then May was an extraordinary month for my short stories. In June:
- Wrote and finished – 1 story.
- Submitted – 5 stories
- Rejected – 2 stories
- Accepted – 1 story
- Published – 1 story
No progress here. My regency romance novella on Wattpad, Fibs in the Family, keeps collecting readers (2.6K by now) and Likes, but I can’t seem to resume working on the second novella of the series.
- Articles written – 2
- Articles published – 3
Created a cover for Lidy Wilks’s Wattpad novella The Soul Traveler. It was a fascinating project. Lidy seemed happy, which made me happy too.
A couple years ago, I translated a Russian novella Scarlet Sails by Alexander Grin into English. I love the story, it’s very famous in Russia, and I wanted the English-speaking readers to be able to read it. I put it up on Wattpad. A couple weeks ago, I got a comment on my blog page dedicated to that translation. Here it is:
Hello Olga, firstly thank you. I had not actually heard of Alexander Grin until I by chance met a beautiful Russian lady called Alissa. We started chatting and she explained that she was a student of philology. She began to tell me of the Scarlet Sails. I immediately googled a translation and arrived at yours within the first ten seconds of her reading it to me; I had fallen in love with the story and also with her, so thank you for your beautiful translation. If Alissa had not read it to me I would not have fallen in love with the most beautiful woman I have ever seen.
It made me smile for the rest of the day.
Goals for June
- Keep submitting my short stories. Ultimately, I want all of them published by a magazine once, before I put them up on FictionPress as free reads. Of my latest bunch, 6 have already found their homes: either published or will be published in the next few months. The other 9 are still homeless.
- Resume working on the second regency novella. My ultimate goal here is not clear: either to post it on Wattpad, like the first one, or publish on Amazon.
- Do something with my facebook page. I want to activate it, start looking at friends, groups, etc.
- My ongoing goal – look for a critic group in fantasy genre. Don’t know how yet.